Monday, August 17, 2009

Gruden Should Become the Next Football Coach at IU

What is John Gruden doing in the booth for Monday Night Football? He belongs back in coaching, but this time, at the college level. I cant think of a better place for him to go: Indiana.

Yes, you heard me right. IU needs a resuscitation of it's woeful pigskin experiment. John Gruden would be the perfect man to resurrect the program. He's from Indiana. He's won the ultimate prize at the professional ranks: Super Bowl Championship. He's young and energetic. He would breathe life into the program. If you watched last night's pre-season ESPN telecast of the NY Giants/Carolina game, he was giving rave reviews of the Wildcat Offense. He could install that at Indiana, bring some excitement to the program. there's no doubt he would recruit the right players for his system.

Several blogs ago, I wrote that Indiana Football should revert to a Club Sport because it has been, for the most part, awful. I think John Gruden would change that, just like Mark Mangino has turned Kansas from the Big Xll door matt to a BCS bowl appearance and a win over Virginia Tech 2 years ago. Gruden could do the same thing. I have no doubt. That's my opinion, and I welcome yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment