Friday, July 24, 2009

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

South Carolina Head Coach Steve Spurrier should have heeded those words before allowing Florida's Tim Tebo to be left off the list of Pre-Season All-SEC Candidates.

Spurrier allowed his Director of Operations to fill out his ballot, and the player the Director chose to right down was Jevan Snead of Ole Miss. The Rebel QB had a great season last year and will hopefully have one this year, but everyone knows Tim Tebo needs to not only be on the list, but be at the top of it.

"I called him (Dir. of Operations). I said, Certainly we had Tim Tebow. He said, Well, actually, coach, we had Jevan Snead. He said something about we already had 10 Gators, maybe get another guy. I said, That's bad." Spurrier said. "But it's my fault. I take full responsibility. I messed that up. I apologize to Tim Tebow. We screwed it up pretty badly. I'm embarrassed about it. I feel bad about it. That's the way it happened."

Unbelievable!! Steve, you're the coach. You've seen Tebo eat your team's defense as well as other SEC defenses alive. Be responsible and don't leave it to to other people to do your job. All the other SEC Head Coaches had to defend themselves during SEC Media Days saying that they weren't the coach who didn't have Tim Tebo on their Pre-Season All-SEC list. A message to that Director of Operations, just because you already have 10 Gators doesn't mean you cant have 11. You forgot the most important one!! By the way, there are 11 players on the field on offense and 11 on defense. Spurrier did apologize for the gaff and He changed his vote to Tim Tebo. For Jevan Snead's sake, I hope he and the Rebels have an outstanding season.

In other news during SEC Media Days, 680 The Fan's John Kinkade interviewed Tennessee Head Coach Lane Kiffin. Kinkade asked Kiffin if he wished he had done things differently, obviously referring to all of the foolish talk Kiffin was making a few months ago (See blog entitled: And Kiffin Said, Let there be...). Kiffin basically said that he only wished he had done things better. He said something like "If I made a play call, and it went wrong, I wish I had called a better play. I don't really regret what I did, I just wish I had done it better." Really Lane! Do you wish you had accused LSU Coach Les Miles of paying his players? I think I've made my point!

No comments:

Post a Comment